Graphic version of this page
- No. 1
- Can I wear the pendant in the bathroom, bath and shower?
The pendant is fully waterproof, and we would encourage our customers to wear it at all times in the house, including in the bathroom (where more accidents are likely to happen).
- No. 2
- What happens if I press the pendant by accident?
When the call is answered just inform the staff at the response centre that you pressed it by accident. In fact we ask our customers to press the button at least once a month, to ensure that you remain totally familiar with the process and to test that the system is working correctly.
- No. 3
- How do I know when the battery in my pendant is running low?
When you call the emergency response centre for the monthly check, we have the ability to check the battery level, and if it is low we will send you a free replacement pendant .
- No. 4
- What happens if there is a power cut?
In the event of a power cut, there is a battery in the base unit, which will ensure that the system keeps working.
- No. 5
- Will any of the other equipment in my house affect the pendant working properly?
There should be no interference with the functionality of the system from any other household equipment in your house. If you are in any doubt please call our customer services team on 01364 651555.
- No. 6
- Will my pendant interfere with a pacemaker?
The Aid Call Pendant does not interfere with a pacemaker because it operates on a separate frequency
- No. 7
- Could I use the Aid Call Service if I am deaf?
Yes, Aid Call can either use BT Type Talk, alternatively we can contact your chosen key holders.
- No. 8
- What if I lose my emergency pendant?
You can still call for help from the alarm button on the base unit. A replacement pendant can be supplied at a small additional cost.
- No. 9
- Do you keep any medical details to help emergency services?
We hold limited medical information on file, as well as details of your doctor, to assist the Emergency Services.
- No. 10
- I have moved house, who do I need to inform of my change of details?
We need you to tell us your new address, telephone numbers and any change to key-holders. Simply call our customer services team on 01364 651555. When you move simply unplug the system and then plug into your new telephone point and electrical socket at your new home.
- No. 11
- I want to change the details of my key holders – how do I do this?
Contact our customer services team on 01364 651555 to let us know the details you wish to change.
- No. 12
- Can I have more than one pendant per base unit?
You can have 2 pendants on one base unit, enabling both of you to be covered. A small additional charge is made for this service.
- No. 13
- I do a lot of gardening – will the pendant still work outside the house?
The pendant has a typical range of 30 metres from the base unit and should be worn outside the house in the garden.