Our Wireless Nurse Call Systems
Wireless Nurse Call Systems can improve overall patient care & help to save staff time.
In an environment where patient safety and staff efficiency is paramount, your healthcare environment can be enhanced by:
- Complete audit trail of all events which provides a permanent record of the nurse in attendance
- Offering management greater clarity and accountability of staff actions
- Staff can check for the 'next call waiting' from any patient call point, reducing the need for expensive paging solutions
- Control of bedhead lighting from handset
- Medication and patient alerts and reminders
- Staff to staff alerts
- Reliable and fast communication of information
- Staff protection for both mobile and fixed locations
- Simple or bespoke solutions whether for a single site or multiple sites
- Solutions designed to be easy to use, maximising staff time for their primary duties
Nurse Call Systems
Using the very latest in radio based technology; the Aid Call Nurse Call System is a wire free system which offers a powerful, flexible, yet simple solution for your patients and staff. The installation causes minimal disruption to your premises, staff and patients and is user friendly and simple to operate.
The Staff Protection system 'buddy' provides security, reassurance and protection for those staff members that are working in high risk, hazardous or lone worker environments. It offers an instant and reliable means of raising personal alarms and will identify the actual on-site location of the incident.
Aid Call recognises that carrying several different devices for paging, telephony and security applications, does not help busy Healthcare staff to do their job effectively. To meet these needs Aid Call can provide an integrated nurse call solution that allows radio paging and telephony systems to be easily connected with other existing on-site systems.
Warden Call Systems
The Warden Call systems are flexible and can monitor as many properties as you require, this may not be within the same location. These properties are linked via alarm devices located within the property or worn by the resident and can either be connected to a scheme manager or directly to a monitoring centre.
DECT (Digitally Enhanced Cordless Telephone) systems can be integrated into Aid Call's radio nurse call system to receive message notifications of calls similar to the traditional alphanumeric pagers but giving the added benefit of speech and only requiring a single device to be carried by your staff.